Senior SQL Server DBA
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server Warehouse, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modelling in support of multiple development teams. The data warehouse supports an enterprise application suite of program management tools. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
Our core values are:
- We embrace empowerment;
- We think solutions not obstacles;
- We are committed and honest;
- We dream big and know how to get there;
- We like to have fun.
What can we offer?
You will work in a company with short lines of communication and therefore you have a lot of influence on the operating result. We communicate directly and openly in a flat organisational structure. Everyone talks to everyone and new ideas are appreciated. We think, dare and do.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- Experience in the implementation of technology projects to the Client base
- Experience of Microsoft Office and other desktop applications.
- A motivated, pro-active, self-starter with a success oriented attitude
- A demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in a logical and disciplined manner
- Good team skills and an ability to work with others to ensure tasks are delivered on time
- Disciplined with a close attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and multi-task in a complex and demanding operational environment
- A motivated, pro-active, self-starter with a success oriented attitude.
About Alphacomm & Mi-Pay
Alphacomm is a service provider focusing on securing payments for its customers and has developed its own technology platform and also licenses to 3rd parties. The offered solutions range from smart online payments and revenue boosting reload interfaces to fraud prevention on high risk digital goods as well as innovative reminders to reduce the number of days invoices are open. Our clientele includes banks, insurers, energy companies and major telecom providers in Europe.
With the addition of Mi-Pay at the beginning of 2020, together we lead the market in Europe and Asia when it comes to e-commerce payment success rates, payment fraud management, security and the delivery of web and mobile device services.